During this DreamDay experience, you’ll get a real feel for Johannesburg on a private walking tour of the popular neighborhood of Maboneng, meaning "Place of Light." Located just east of the city center, it was once a working-class area that suffered years of neglect. But thanks to an intense urban regeneration project, it’s been brought back to life, and nowadays, it’s truly a bright place to be. The neighborhood features top-rated galleries, artisanal shops, trendy rooftop bars, restaurants boasting cuisine from all over the world, intriguing converted spaces and even a high-end hotel. Most notable is its fascinating streetscape of colorful artwork on sides of buildings, which you can’t miss. Set in a compact neighborhood perfect for exploring by foot, Maboneng is boasting with memorable landmarks — and you’ll discover many of them during your exciting walking tour!
• A convenient gathering spot in the heart of Maboneng — arrange to meet your knowledgeable guide at Curiocity Joburg (302 Fox Street)
, then head out on your adventure!
• The Cosmopolitan, a former hotel built in 1899 that is now used for markets and parties.
• Drivelines Development, where shipping containers have been made into residences.
• AGOG Gallery, featuring unique contemporary art.
• Kwa Mai-Mai, a traditional healer market.
• Collectors Treasury, a legendary dealer in used and rare books.
• Future public art developments featuring an open-air museum with exhibits of public art, urban living, amazing architecture and more.
Private Maboneng walking tour*
to purchase your ticket for the following date:
• Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 4-6 p.m.*See Additional Information for more details.
Please note: Tickets must be purchased by August 18, 2019.
Want to have even more fun during your stay? Buy your ticket for an exclusive dinner with live jazz entertainment
at The Marabi Club.